Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yanks/Rangers Looks Like A Post Season Preview


If you were watching the Yankee game last night, then you probably realize just how big of a game that was. How about exponentially important? I mean, when you are facing Cliff Lee whether he's on Cleveland, Philly, Seattle, Texas, or the fucking Harlem Globetrotters, you can basically pencil that team in for a W. Lee is about as good as it gets as far as pitchers are concerned, and it was just amazing to see him squirm as the Yankees did what they do best, make comebacks and win ball games.

This comeback was one of the most exciting all season for the Bombers. Usually when Lee is spotted half a run its a wrap, but not last night. Patient at bats, and clutch hitting is about all you can ask for from the Yanks. It's their god damn M.O. And hell, did these last two games in Texas not feel awfully like a postseason matchup in the heart of October? Big ass titties they did. Javy Vasquez can eat my ass for one, but I never thought I would say good looking out Sergio Mitre and Kerry Wood. Marcus Thames was on his game, and for what its worth he has done his job this year. He was brought in to mash lefty pitching, and I give him props for not letting Lee intimidate him.

What else is there to say about Mariano Rivera's already storied hall of fame career? I mean, it's like he writes a new chapter each week. Last night was insane. Gives up a lead off TRIPLE to Andrus, and then just proceeds to shut down the next three boppers like its nothing. Michael Young, Josh Hamilton, and Vlad Guerrero. That's some legendary stuff bro.

Yanks begin a 4 game set against Kansas Shitty. Aka, If they don't take 3/4 I am going to be fuming.

-Dbl-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...