Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gang Green And #24 Inching Closer?


Watching the premier of Hard Knocks without General Revis was very hard for your boy yesterday. Do you know how badly I want to cop a fresh #24 official NFL jersey in white, and just rock that wherever I go? Well, put it this way: I would pass on a coffee date with Megan Fox if it ensured the Jets signed the coveted all pro corner. Yes, I am that dedicated. I can't be sporting a hot Revis jersey until he inks a deal, that would just be dumb bro. This entire saga needs to end already. Watching GM Mike Tannenbaum leave Roscoe Diner completely bewildered and lost immediately made me picture this team without him. It just won't be the same squad. Revis brings that shut down presence that turns this team from a middle of the pack contender, to a legitimate Super Bowl favorite. I'm not just saying that because I am a die hard, it's because that's the cut and dry fact of the matter. Revis is that good.

But I got a hot text message today from ESPN alerts to my phone that made me go from 6 to midnight:

ESPN NFL - Jets and agents for CB Darrelle Revis reach truce, vow to work toward resolution to contract dispute. 


Yeah, yeah, whatever. Comes down to the old mantra, "I'll believe it when I see it." In my heart of hearts I really believe Revis wants to be a Jet for life. With the right pieces in place, the Jets could compete for years to come. They are young and hungry. The killer point of this whole mess is that Revis has already been offered like 400 bafillion dollars. It was reported he recently rejected a 10 year $120 million dollar offer. Boom. Cue the jaw dropping. Granted, it doesn't make him the highest paid corner year to year, but it for sure shows just how much the Jets think of this kid. If this isn't resolved by week 1, and #24 isn't lining up next to Cromartie and his 1,000 kids against the Ravens, well then I only have one thing to say. Same Old Jets.

-Dbl-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...