Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Road Trip From Hell: Why do I care anymore


The noose has been tied. The chair placed. All thats left is for someone to kick it out from beneath my feet.

Game 1 of Mets vs. Dbacks was absolutely horrific. 51 pitches in the first inning from Soft Pelf and as the cliche goes, "Doomed from the start." Pelfrey has been horrific in the past 4 starts and seems to be only getting worse. I don't think I'm the only person who was clamoring for Manuel to pull Pelfrey in the 2nd as his awful mound work kept digging us into a deeper and deeper whole. I thought the manager's job was to manage us into games, not out of them. With how awful the Mets offense has been on this road trip, this game was over by the 2nd inning.

Game 2 - Dickey took another hard luck lose last night. Goes out there, pitches us into spots that are good enough for a win but the offense doesn't deliver. The Met lineup made Barry Enright look like Cy Young. 8 innings, 8 Ks, 1 earned!?!? COME ON!

Tonight the Mets have to face the best pitcher the Dbacks have in Dan Haren. Not only can this man rack up the Ks, but he can swing a stick too. Im predicting him to absolutely dismantle this Met lineup as he's coming off some poor performances and should be motivated to break out of his funk. I'm also guaranteeing a hit for him tonight. Why? Cause he's Hot Bat Haren.

This road trip truly has been the Road Trip from Hell. Each lose has crushed my hopes towards a possible post season berth. Its like a car wreck on the freeway. Sure, there could be some mangled bodies and bloody air bags, but true fans can't look away. I refuse to stop watching because I do believe in this team, but if we get swept in 'zona I'm gonna take a 30 rack to the face tonight. I mean thats going down either way but I'd rather it be celebratory. 

P.S. - Pagan is still crushing it.

LETS GO METS

-Suessmandzadeh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...