Monday, July 12, 2010

All-star break...IM GOOD ON THAT

Tonight's home run derby is well underway. I had picked Swisher to win it but my Met fan luck has indeed cursed him. Mad props to Cory "Straight to the" Hart for rocking that Abe Lincoln beard. Could it be a tribute similar to that of Jeter's to Bob Sheppard. Hart must be a big fan of freeing slaves or the emancipation proclamation. Damn civil war buffs.


I've always been skeptical about the all-star festivities, especially the home run derby. Thing has had a history of fucking up batter's swings. Two years ago, at this no big deal baseball stadium previously located in the BX, my boy Josh Hamilton came in with fire stats (.310 avg, 21 HRs and 95 RBIs) for the first half and proceeded to mash 28 homers into the humid New York night sky in only the first round. It was a great spectacle for the fans but obviously had some sort of effect on him as his second half stats where the complete opposite (.296 avg, 11 HRs and 35 RBIs). Thankfully no one i give a shit about is in the derby this year so...SWING AWAY, especially the NL participants.


As for the actual game, I think i speak for everyone when i say who gives a shit. The fact this game ended in a tie once is straight zooted!! And the fact that home field advantage for the World Series is granted to the winner blows my mind. Thanks Bud Selig for being worthless. I hope the next three days go fast . Im just excited to watch my fantasy stats pile up. 


-R.C. Suessmandzadeh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...