"The SportsBrahs are God Sent" - Donnie Walsh
So as some of you may know, I am interning for 95.5 WPLJ at Penn Plaza in Manhattan. For those who don't know, Penn Plaza and Madison Square Garden are one in the same. They don't pay me a fucking dime but yesterday I was paid in a little bit of luck. You know what they say, "Location. Location. Location."
As I am waiting for the elevator door to shut I see an old man getting pushed in a wheelchair to the elevator bank, naturally being the kiss ass that I am I decide to hold the elevator, allowing for the old man to get on. I take a good hard look at the old man and immediately notice, ITS DONNIE FUCKING WALSH.
I respectfully acknowledge the president of Knick operations with a HEYYYY DONNIE and I must say, the man is a class act. The dude was nice enough to acknowledge my presence and even answer a few questions. Might as well consider it the first SportsBrahs interview of a major sport figure. Of course I asked the question all Knicks fans are dyeing to know, "Any news on the Carmelo front?"
Simply put Donnie said, "If Carmelo wants to be in New York, He'll be in New York." Donnie stressed the importance of holding on to his pieces, namely The Rooster and Tony Randolph, but was of course looking into it. I encouraged the man to keep the young guns considering Carmelo's impending free agency which he joking responded, "You should be my assistant kid." I of course accepted the position and am now the official wheel chair pusher of the great Donnie Walsh. Thanks Donnie.
Seriously though, I commend Walsh's patience on the Carmelo situation. He realizes that Carmelo holds a lot of weight in where he is going, as teams won't want to pay a high price for 'Melo if he won't sign a long term deal, reinforcing his statement, "If Carmelo wants to be in New York, he'll be in New York." There's no sense in mortgaging the future for one player (God knows Isiah Thomas already taught us that), especially one whose top preference in new teams is New York. We'll just have to play the waiting game and if the Knicks don't end up getting him, then at least we know Donnie did what he could and took the smartest approach to the situation. My prediction however, Carmelo muscles his way to New York. It may not be now or for a few weeks or months from now but in the end Melo is a Knick.
-R.C. Suessmandzadeh

No comments:
Post a Comment