Friday, July 23, 2010

The Force Was With This Asshole


Newsday -  Much Like the dastardly film character he came dressed as, the thief who robbed a Setauket bank this week had a very bad attitude, witnesses said Friday. The tall man who held up a Chase bank Thursday in a Darth Vader outfit terrorized people in the bank by pointing his gun at them and throwing one of them to the floor, and he knocked down another person as he ran away with cash, according to police and people who witnessed the heist.


This is easily one of the best news stories to come through the wire in a long time. Made your manz Dbl-A really happy to see that some people out there just really know how to be criminals with style. I must admit, I'm a huge Star Wars junkie. I'll watch them all in a row, marathon style and not flinch, or blink an eye. Too many can't miss moments. Just way too epic. Water works at the end of Episode 3? Of course bro. Hell, by the end of Episode 6 I feel so drained like I just witnessed the second coming of Christ. Bottom line is the series is THAT good. So I realized, If your gonna do something desperate like I dunno, say robbing a bank, why not at least come decked out in gear that pays homage to the most bad ass super villain ever. I can't say I don't respect that guy for that at least. 


You know dudes who try to rob a banks in Vader outfits are going to have at least one poster of Princess Leia in that famous metal bikini that she was sporting in Episode 6. He's gotta be catching beats to that right? I know, I know,  geeks all across the world just collectively creamed themselves, but it happens. I'm no exception bro. Star Wars fans are a different breed. I know after the first time I saw Vader on the big screen it kinda made me want to be a bad guy. His cool evilness is just so alluring so I get it. 




So I realize anytime Star Wars is being brought up, someone's gotta mention Yoda for Christs sake. I mean, I know he's no diabolical sith lord, but is there any argument strong enough to say that Yoda isn't the greatest Jedi ever? Even more powerful then Anakin when he was a good guy? The Answer is no. Yoda is the creme de la creme when it comes to these guys. He set the bar. I have thought it would be great to see Yoda just use his powers to do something, yet not have to do anything at all. Like couldn't you picture him blinking his eyes at an attractive woman and boom she's pregnant. Just like that. That's the power. He would defintiely say something like this:


"A raging wood I need not." Priceless. 


-Dbl-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...