FRONT OFFICE TEAM!! ASSEMBLE!!
ESPNnewyork - Former Toronto Blue Jays general manager and current ESPN analyst J.P. Ricciardi took a front-office job with the New York Mets on Tuesday, the team announced. Ricciardi will be special assistant to newly hired general manager Sandy Alderson. The two worked together for 12 years with the Oakland Athletics.
I'm already loving what Sandy Balls is doing for the Mets when he really hasn't done anything with the team at all. Just having Alderson's name attached to the Mets organization is enough to persuade high-profile talent evaluators to join and aid in the Mets attempt to exodus from the laughing stock of New York Sports.
The culture of this front office has already changed, and people who would have never joined us a few months ago are strongly considering leaving their current positions with Major League teams or cushy Broadcasting jobs to jump on the bandwagon and kick the project that is the Mets ass. Rome wasn't built in a day but it did end up dominating the world upon completion.
Not to mention J.P. turned down the Red Soxs for a similar position and anyone who leaves Boston out in the cold is always OK with me.
I feel the same way in regards to the vacant manager position as well. In years past I would grab hold of certain candidates coat tails and pull for them to get the position, during the season it was Wally Backman, but I just don't have that feeling anymore. I have this inner calm that whomever Alderson gives the nod to is definitely the best decision. So go ahead Sandy, hire boring names like Don Wakamatsu, Chip Hale or Ken Oberkfell because if it gets me and my fellow fanbase closer to a World Series so be it.
-R.C. Suessmandzadeh

No comments:
Post a Comment