Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Video - Megan Fox And Amanda Seyfried Deserve An Oscar

If you don't watch this you're soft!

Shaboom. This scene was so good that I needed to make sure I caught the essentials of this incredible cinematic achievement. Quite possibly the best 0:59 seconds ever caught on camera. I'm dead serious. If you're shaking your head in disapproval at home it only means three things: 1. You're gayer then Neil Patrick Harris 2. You are a chick that hates lesbains 3. You don't realize how cultured I am when it comes to cinema, and film making. Besides being handsome and enjoying long walks on the beach with dimes, I also consider myself a knowledgeable pundit when it comes to movies. Shit, might as well call me Roger Ebert - with a chub.

Seriously, got to hand it to Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried for putting on a performance of a lifetime. Were they even acting? Two cute ass chicks tongue wrestling like they were being coached by Gene Simmons. Utter brilliance. In between rubbing my eyes to see if I was hallucinating, and picking up my jaw off the floor with a shovel, I thought to myself, where doe's this scene rank amongst the greatest in the history of movies?

The end of The Godfather - Michael Corleone is at the baptism of his god son and while the priest is asking him if he renounces Satan the scenes keep cutting to his henchmen taking out all the other competing mob families in NY. Gives me chills every time.

The Gladiator - When the greatest actor ever (Russel Crowe) takes off his helmet and reveals in front of the Coliseum faithful that he is indeed the fallen king Maximus Decimus Meridius. Gives arguably the most incredible pump up speech of all time and then kills that bastard Joaquin Phenoix. Can't ask for a better ending.

Rocky I - When the no name underdog Rocky Balboa gives undisputed heavyweight champion Apollo Creed a run for his damn money. Gets knocked down for what seems like a KO, but then somehow hobbles to his feat, urging Creed to bring some more. Creed basically throws his hands up wondering how do I beat this bum? The scene's a lay up. One of the best ever.

So now I ponder, where doe's this sensational make out scene from Jennifer's Body rank amongst 3 of the greatest cinematic moments ever created? Well, it takes elements from each. During the epic kiss, I found myself cheering like Rocky - was a clothes tearing, wrestling match to follow? It had the pageantry of Gladiator. Just a captivating moment that you could not look away from. And last but not least, the two chicks performance was as much, or possibly even more compelling then in Pacino's famous scene - just downright believable. If these two smokebombs aren't hoisting a statue by the next Oscar's then someone should just be fired from the academy because they clearly don't know talent.

-Dbl-A

P.S. If you didn't watch the aforementioned video clip above, you have to be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...