Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This One More Then Stung


If you logged on today looking for a self loathing rant about how the Jets will not live up to expectations this season and didn't find one, well that's because I tried sleeping all the way through until next Sunday at approximately 4:15. Unfortunately, that didn't work out too well for your boy as I did in fact wake up feeling like someone took a shit in my cereal. I might actually just pretend the Jets are the only team in football playing a 15 game schedule because that was almost too unbearable to watch.

I refuse to watch a team drown itself. I would much rather be tied up in a strait jacket and forced to watch Peyton Manning pick apart the Jet's defense like the coxswain he is then have to see this unit bury themselves like they did with penalty after penalty. It literally got to the point where I was guaranteeing the Ravens would convert on third down. "Oh 3rd and long? Here comes another conversion, all Flacco has to do is chuck is up somewhere in the vicinity that Revis ISN'T in." Just gut wrenching.

Success in the NFL is all about attention to detail, and not for anything, the Ravens did a heck of a job sticking to their game plan. They sure as shit knew #24 was going to shut down whoever he was guarding. So what did they do to neutralize that? Bunch their receivers up at the line of scrimmage so that it would make it difficult to create the best match ups defensively for Rex and the gang. This was utter brilliance by the Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron because it allowed him to get 2 of his 3 wide outs on either Jets rookie Kyle Wilson, or 2nd corner Antonio Cromartie. Both those guys were exposed through out the game last night. Cromartie has like 10 flags by himself, but Wilson gets a free pass cause it was his first pro game EVER, and trying to defend Anquan Boldin is the equivalent of David v. Goliath - with Goliath actually winning.

Kris Jenkins out for the season, and now after having torn his ACL three different times in 2 different knees, his career looks to be over. This team better be resilient or its going to be a loooooong season. Last night was not good at all. I was screaming at the tv like Harvey from Entourage, but I can't be doing that for another 15 weeks. It's not a quality look for your boy, or his sanity.

Ground and Pound? I'll believe it when I see it.

-Dbl-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...