ESPN - NEW YORK -- After a seven-month stalemate often marked by acrimony, the New York Jets and holdout cornerback Darelle Revis agreed in principle Sunday night on a new contract, the team announced early Monday morning. Revis, whose holdout lasted 35 days, is expected to fly to New Jersey Monday to sign the contract. Barring any holdups, the All-Pro will be on the field in time to have a full week of preparation for the season opener against the Baltimore Ravens, a week from Monday.
I'll be frank with all the Brah-spel faithful out there: I never thought this was going to happen. With Revis being fed advice from his uncle - former NFL lineman Sean Gilbert - who also once sat out an entire season due to a contract dispute with the Redskins, I thought there was a serious possibility that the deal would never get done. So let's not kid ourselves. Anyone with a fucking clue about football knew the New York Football Jets would be a different team with General Revis shutting down teams #1 wideouts like they were in a isolated prison fortification.
In response to this news, I wonder who's having a better day. Rex Ryan or Tom Brady. You know Ryan hit up Dennys at 7 am and treated the whole squad to breakfast on him. Besides not kissing Belichecks rings, the only thing that gets Rexy off harder is seeing Brady squirm in the pocket like Elian Gonzalez on his aluminum raft in the Gulf of Mexico.
I mean, Brady gets to wake up to one of the hottest women on the planet but something tells me when he goes to doggy Giselle all he's gonna find is a tramp stamp on her back reading "#24 Revis Island."
-Dbl-A
No comments:
Post a Comment